“Is it warring time again?”
Using performances and short movies as a tool for reconciliation and advocacy against extremism in Western Balkans
When: 1st training – 1st to 9th of October 2018, 1st presentation in Tuzla, on 8th of October 2018, presentations in Kukes and Skopje in October or November (it will be decided)
Venue: TCs will be hosted in Serbia, Sremski Karlovci and presentations in Tuzla, Kukes and Skopje
Partner’s organizations are from: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia
Objective of the project: The overall objective of this project is to train representatives of youth society organizations, schools, informal youth groups from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia to use performance and short movies in public places and the Internet, as a means to draw public attention to the rising extremism, xenophobia and fascism in WB and Europe. These techniques are attractive to young people, but also for the public and the media. They can be used without any costs and provide a viable alternative to traditional techniques to raise awareness, such as expensive media campaigns.
Summary of the project:
During the project, trainers, youth workers and volunteer coordinators will have learnt, test and implement innovative practices in the field of youth by using street performances and short-videos. Beside innovation, all of the tools are cost effective, sustainable and up to date and can be used on one side in working with young people and on the other to influence public opinion, attract media and provide alternative campaigning techniques.
- The seven days training course will:
- Raise awareness of participants about the rising extremism, xenophobia and fascism in WB and Europe
- Train participants on how to design, test and implement performances in big events, in the street, public transport and in any place where big number of people are present can be used.
- Train participants on how to set-up, film and promote short films filmed by mobile phones and other digital devices used by young people. Participants will also learn how short video can be used campaigns but also for educational, awareness raising, outreach and documentation purposes.
- During the training course, participants will have one presentation in Novi Sad (7.10.2018.) and in Tuzla (8.10.2018).
- In October or November (two days in a row), participants will travel all together to Kukes and Skopje to present their short movies and performances.
- Trainers, youth leaders/workers, young people from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and Serbia (6 participants from each organisation)
- Actively involved in a youth organization and be in a position to bring into effect the learning of the training
- Be in position of multiplying the outcomes of training
- Be willing to participate actively
- Be committed to participate in the whole program, on English
- Age limit: 18-30
Serbia, Group Let’s – Serbia: Suzana Krstić, email@example.com
Albania, Center for youth progress – Lavdrim Shehu firstname.lastname@example.org
Macedonia, Psihointegra Skopje – Ivana Kostovska email@example.com
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Red cross of Tuzla canton – Amra Pirić firstname.lastname@example.org
Апликацијата за пријавување можете да ја симнете тука: Call-for-participants-Is-it-warring-time-again